55 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm sorry I have made so many threads this is the last one about this tank.

I have a Jack Dempsey and 4 Pictus cats already could I add anything off this list of fish if so which ones?

3- Silver dollars
5- giant danios
1- Red Tailed Shark
1- Firemouth

Would any if those fish work?

Fire mouth, the shark and the danios. The danios could end up on the menu depending on your Jacks personality.

Alright thank you just trying to see what my options would be just to toss some ideas around.

For everyone who had been following my threads in going to get the red tail shark.

Good luck with the red tail shark, I have a 125 with all different American and african cichlids, the red tail shark and JD in my tank get along wonderfully, the RTS acts like a cichlid most of the time :)

Large catfish usually do well, other chiclids. Anything that is semi aggressive will do well but it needs to be around the same size as the jack. I've learned from experience tho that any fancy tailed fish always loose their tail to aggressive fish.

Just wondering here how long should it take for the shark to start coming out more? Like a week or will it be a month?

If it feels comfortable where it's at it could never come out. It's a guessing game lol. Maybe the lights are too bright. Trying dimming them.

The brights are dim it's only been in the tank for 2 days. He's in a large hollow log so he hasn't came out yet idk if he's still getting used to it I hope that's all it is I really do wanna see my shark. He has to come out to eat right?

He scavenges at night. It's only been 2 days so id give it a week or two. My two rainbow sharks are all over the place. Try getting another one or two. They do best with others. With a jack though. He could be scared

They don't do well with others that's Not good advice. They are extremely territorial fish. I don't know how he's scared of the Jack he's never even seen him yet. He instantly went up in the log and I hope he comes out. I don't want to never see such an Amazing fish. I will give him 2 weeks though.

The jacks 4 inches the sharks about 2. The tank has a huge hollow log and 2 other small caves with 2 medium fake plants

That's what I figured he should get used to it and come out eventually I hope anyway.

Red tail sharks are nocturnal. Eventually he will start hanging out. Mine comes out a lot because there's a ton of caves and walls and the rock walls sort of provide a shadow for him.

Ok that's cool I just was wanting to see if after 2 weeks to a month if the shark will be out more thanks a lot for all the input everyone!

And I have him with even more aggressive fish than what you have, hes a good size though but he's not scared of the cichlids or anything else.

Back
Top Bottom