55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BritniMalmay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 balla sharks (Brucey and Betsy) and a baby pleco (Brutis). There are a couple live plants as well as some fake. Just wanted to see a suggestion on what fish to buy next. I'd like to have a community tank that is semi aggressive so no small baby fish. Here are a quick couple phone pics I took to give you an idea. Any feedback is appreciated! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407852844.571084.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407852866.969394.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407852888.845235.jpg

Your Sharks

Hello Brit in CSpgs...

A couple of things. Bala sharks get fairly large and are a bit aggressive. They're shoaling fish. They like others of their kind, around 6 or so and are active swimmers. A larger tank than a 55 is needed. If you do upgrade, you could add some Barbs, Danios and Gouramis. I wouldn't add more fish to the 55, though.

I'd definitely do some research before making changes other than possibly adding some hardy aquatic plants.

Just a thought. You're the tank keeper.

B

Thanks for the input guys. Not sure what kind of pleco I know it's long finned though. And I do plan on getting a bigger tank as the fish get bigger but for now a 55 gallon is perfect, plenty of room to swim and discover!

Back
Top Bottom