55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only problem I'm having is with the plants not growiing so much. I think it's cause I need better lighting. But other than that I'm happy with everything.

I've just been using the fizz tabs, though i'm not sure they do much. The plants look good still, they just don't seem to grow, except the wisteria.

Good lookin' tank!!!
And I don't think the CO2 fizz tabs do anything if you have a low light setup, how many watts of light is there above the tank?

That's my thought, too, Billsgate. I reckon this has two 15w bulbs, one in each strip, so plants are going to be extremely difficult (been there, done that! :wink: ).

This is a very nice setup, and I love the fish pics - very nice.

Try some java fern and java moss, also anubias sp. or possibly crypts would work, but even so they will not grow like gangbusters. Don't bother with the fizz tabs, since the plants won't photosynthesize enough to deplete the CO2 that is already in the water.

Thanks, I will nix the fizz tabs. Perhaps I will upgrade my lighting in the future, but first I plan on upgrading the filter. I'm currently using the filter that came as part of the 55 gallon set up kit and I want a stronger one.

Mine weren't 40w, I wish they were. It is an All-Glass purchased about five years ago, with two 15w strips. :|

usually they come with 2 29 gallon stock hoods. yeah the 20 watt on my 29 is pretty bright but its not even 1 watt. im bidding for a better light right now :)

Back
Top Bottom