55 opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwyer567

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im looking to start another tank, a 55 setup. I have a little bit of experience with cichlids but by no means am I an expert. What are all yall opinions on what I should run. Filter, sand or gravel, light, scenery, etc? Id love to see some of your opinions on what to use and what I should stock this bad boy with.

Im starting a new 55 gallon as well right now! Upgrading from a 26 gallon bow front! I know in my 55 gallon I play on adding more hiding spots and more rock to the tank than I currently have.

What kind of cichlids do you have already?

How many more do you plan on adding?

I have a JD in a 40 breeder right now and ive had oscars over the years. Im looking to stock it properly as many as it may turn out to be.

dwyer567 said:
Im looking to start another tank, a 55 setup. I have a little bit of experience with cichlids but by no means am I an expert. What are all yall opinions on what I should run. Filter, sand or gravel, light, scenery, etc? Id love to see some of your opinions on what to use and what I should stock this bad boy with.

I keep african lake Malawi Cichlids, I prefer sand over gravel for the filter I really like the rena xp3 or xp4. For the light I run t5 lights with saltwater bulbs. For decor it would need to have a lot of hiding spots made from rocks. This will help with that check it out http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f100/post-your-malawi-set-up-pics-here-170582.html

Back
Top Bottom