55 stocking advice please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LogiBear15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if any of these options would work in a 55 gallon aquarium, standard measurements.

-texas cichlid, syno, 2 convicts
-red devil, syno
-female jaguar, syno

The tank has a fluval 305 canister and a HOB rated for 55 gallons. Heater, lighting, hiding places, etc.

Regarding the convicts, if they wont work i cam get rid of them

The only reason i brought up a female jag is because the LFS i go to has a full grown female (they have had it for a year and it hasnt grown length wise... Thats full grown, right?) that i could buy. It is about 10 inches

If need be i can remove the syno but i already purchased a 6 inch one that is currently living in a community tank.

Decor is large heavy rocks, flower pots, and bug pieces of driftwood. Sand as substrate

If none of these work, could you give me some options for a large as possible CA/SA predatory cichlid? I dont really care if it is alone, a wet-pet is ok by me.

-Logan?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I would do a carpintis by its self. A jag or midevil really Needs a 75

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok thanks for the advice

Any other opinions or is he right about that?

55 gallon SA/CA cichlid tank
29 gallon tropical community

Sent from Atlantis?

Also i kind of figured that about the jag, the guy at the lfs recomended to have an O, a JD, a pike cichlid, a Tex, and a Red devil all in the 55...

Luckily im not THAT foolish :)

Sent from Atlantis?

Mike is right, I agree. None of those options are ideal and will typically have issues in the long run

Lose the convicts and keep it to the Texas and syno cat and you'll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could also look into something a little smaller like salvini's. They are fairly aggressive and stay around 6".

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok thanks guys! :)

Sent from Atlantis?

Back
Top Bottom