55g 'gradual' build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just saw my first fry, guppy i assume :fish2:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I then saw nature at work as a Gourami ate it :banghead:

I'm not overly fussy, i knew the fry was going to end up eaten - it was just quite funny, i have seen another 2 since then do i must've had a litter(?) dropped recently.

Gourami's returned, carbon removed from filter and tank dosed with Melafix, i really hope it helps my poorly girl :(

Nice job so far! :) How did you fix the center brace? I recently started up a used 55 gallon and the center brace is completely snapped off. :(

Hey I saw your post wanted to share my quick fix for the middle brace just when to the metal shop and got then to bend it the lengths I wanted works great! Hope this helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1389294892836.jpg
    1389294892836.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 63
ahh! Your gourami girl isn't doing too well? :( Nooo! I hope she recovers!

Thanks, jaketravis! I will have to check into that option!

Good job there Jake.

The gourami's wound is not red anymore since adding Melafix, that has to be good right?

I think so! Sounds like she's on the mend! Was she bleeding in the tank without melafix?

She died :( Once i got her out the water i saw how bad she was, it was actually quite bad, you could feel where a chunk of missing flesh would've been on her side, one of her feelers was split in two and side fin more or less missing completely.

I think my gourami was sucked in by my wave maker... I found a guppy all chewed up inside it today. Been a crap couple of days, i hate loosing fish :banghead:

I have covered the wave maker with tights (pantyhose?) for the time being, but have ordered a power head to replace it, i think a 1600lph will be sufficient as it's only to move water over the width of my tank.

Added some more fish, i think i can now call this tank (generously) stocked.

Photo's aren't the best and the betta is in my other tank, i will get this fish photography eventually haha.

What do you think? :)

Wee photo of my new opaline lass. She's tiny ATM, wee cutie haha 1390329437847.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Change a few wee things around with the tank today, just re arranged the decor, i'm for ever doing it... Glad i'm not a fish, i hate change.

Also found a new way to change water... a little bit risky but seems easier and less stressful than pouring the water straight in from the buckets.

1606997_818943738122715_1728685090_n.jpg

Also found another good sized baby in my small cory tank, my cory breeding tank is taking off :D

Back
Top Bottom