55g stock list help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbk.o4

Aquarium Advice Freak
well i had a stock list previously planned out for the 30 i was going to get, but now that i moved up to a 55 gonna work on a new list.

school of belted barbs (5-6)
school of black ruby barbs (5-6)
blue gourami
2-3 yoyo loaches

prolly 6-8 goldfish for a while (while the tank is still cycling, see if they live, if they do, ill give them to my friend to put in his pond that he has after a while, if not....oh well)

i want something with the some color too but idk what to get..

prolly 6-8 goldfish for a while (while the tank is still cycling, see if they live, if they do, ill give them to my friend to put in his pond that he has after a while, if not....oh well)

Just curious as to why you want to do this? It's more work for you in the long run to worry about water changes and such. You have a tank now, right? Put your new filter cartridges in your old filter for a few days, let them get populated with lots of good bacteria, get some gravel or decos from your current tank, and put them in the new tank. This will cycle your tank for you and you won't have to worry about fish.

Otherwise, I think your stock list looks good. Maybe some corydoras as well to liven up the bottom of your tank.

I would not add the goldfish to your tank, as devilishturtles forgot to mention, goldfish are colwater fish and require a water temp of 68 degrees which could kill your tropical stock list, even if it did work out it would be a wicked load on your filter to handle since goldfish are extremely messy fish when it comes to waste, and with that many goldfish you would be looking at a full days worth of work just to clean the tank, not to mention the nitrate and ammonia spikes it could cuase, stick with the tropicals and forget the goldfish, or put the goldfish in there own tank, HTH

ok i apparently have to clarify this more. the goldfish are going in first by themselves, if they live im gettin rid of em, PWC and then adding my tropicals.

i only have one tank. sorry if i confused u there.

basically the goldfish are test fish to see if they could even live in my tank right now, i could care less if they live they are friggin goldfish, if they do happen to live, they are gettin taken out and put in a pond. they will never spend any time in the tank with the tropicals.

I really think you should consider a fishless cycle here. It will be a lot less work for you, since there are way less water changes involved than with fishy cycling, plus it's a lot more humane than sending a bunch of goldies to their demise. Just because you don't really care about goldfish doesn't mean you should subject them to ammonia burns on their gills and nitrite poisoning when it could be so easily avoided. Plus, if you were going to use feeders, they could introduce diseases into your tank. Please reconsider. The goldies aren't any less of a fish than the ones you are trying to care for. JMO

Back
Top Bottom