55G Stocking with Peacocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidConway

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just purchased a 55G tank, and want to stock it with about 4-6 peacocks. As I have been researching, many peacocks get really big. Can anyone help with and ideas for peacocks that are in the 5 inch range. I also saw that there are many colorful Haps. I'll would really appreciate any help I could get.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You will want more than 5-6 if doing all males if doing m:f ratio is 1:3.
Swallowtails are awesome looking, I also like sulferheads, and jacobfieregi (i know I murdered that spelling) there a few different color patters with them.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How many would you stock. You are correct, I was planning on an all male tank.

If you pick carefully and depending on there size and temperment10-15. OB Peacocks do not like orange. Speaking from experience.

Thanks. I really look forward to getting this tank cycled and get fish into it. What is the best way to make sure I get all males?

Well there's no guarantee when there small but look for the one with the most color, more flowey fins and most dominant in there group.

I was thinking about ordering them online and seeing if they could pick out the males. I was hoping to get fish that were roughly 3" long. Should you be able to tell males from females at that size? The only problem is 3" peacocks are expensive! Does anyone know of a good online fish breeder to look into?

At that size yes they should be able to easily sex most species. For the online store I'm not sure. How close are you to Florida I know of a breeder out of Daytona that might ship direct to you if your in the southeast.

I live in San Antonio, Texas. Do you know the website of the breeder in Florida?

Back
Top Bottom