55gal or 50 breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simplicitysarah

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i was window shopping for a 55, but I am reading "the simple guide to fresh water aquariums, second ed". He recommended 50 breeder over the 55. What is everyone's thoughts on this??

JMO, but I would opt for a 55 over a 50 breeder. The 55 long will have more swimming room vs a tall, deep breeder and a greater amount of area for oxygen exchange. More water volume is always a plus, too. Obviously, space needs and fish choice have to be factored into your choice as well. :)

Also look on Craigslist for great deals I got my 55 with stand hood lights and nearly 200 dollars worth of extras and an emperor 400 filter for $170

Also look on Craigslist for great deals I got my 55 with stand hood lights and nearly 200 dollars worth of extras and an emperor 400 filter for $170

i would LOVE to find that!!! i keep checking every day! :)
what r u stocking w/?

simplicitysarah said:
i would LOVE to find that!!! i keep checking every day! :)
what r u stocking w/?

3 pictus catfish
Probably 5 yoyo loaches
7 tiger barbs
A bristle nose and clown pleco

A little bottom heavy but I like all the fish so ya lol

The breeder tank is better suited for large fish. Large fish need bigger turning radius. For example, if I were to make a tank for a adult Green Spotted Puffer, I would use the 50 breeder since the turning radius would be a lot better. The 55 gallon would be impractical for my puffer.

Also the breeder tank will be shorter in height, which help smaller-armed people for reaching at the bottom of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom