55Gal predator tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I got the sand all in there and a cup of live sand from my other tank. Then I got the base rock in there (50lbs) along with maybe 10lbs of live rock from my other tank. Then I got the ammonia up to 4 and now I just get to play the waiting game :) anyone know if raising your temp actually helps the cycle?

Also I got the skimmer all set up and in place :) can't wait to see how it works after my cycle is over :) it's a HOB SeaClone 150 made by marineland

I've read that turning the temp up to mid 80's will help bacteria grow faster. Never saw actual research, but bacteria does like warm places. I did it for my tanks.

Ok thanks. I'm already resisting the urge to test my water..... This is going to be a long cycle.

I was looking at my tank today and it's really wierd seeing the super white rocks and nice clean sand haha. It's a shame it's gonna go away :/ haha.

Khij159753 said:
I was looking at my tank today and it's really wierd seeing the super white rocks and nice clean sand haha. It's a shame it's gonna go away :/ haha.

Yeah, I know. Lol. My nice white rocks in my 30g aren't white anymore.

Yeah. I'm hoping it'll take longer sense it's not a reef so I just have some cheap fluorescent bulbs. :) should cut down Alot on algea :)

So I was thinking about getting a chocolate chip sea star but liveaquaria says not to keep them with puffers. Does anyone know why?

Okay. That's what I was afraid of :/ oh well. I should still be fine with a long spine urchin right?

Oh definitely! I'm sooo excited. I've done spool much to my 90 gallon though. Keep switching around all the coral to try and keep busy so I'm not focusing on it.

What if I bought the tomato clown full grown? My lfs gets alot in. People don't want them once they get close to full grown and start being bullies.

Just tested my water!

Ammonia-.25-0
Nitrite-5
Nitrate-40
Ph-8
:D it's gettin close!!! Dosing some more ammonia right now. Well see how fast it goes to 0 :)

Attachments

• image-3699361321.jpg
    image-3699361321.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 108
Back
Top Bottom