6.6G or 12G Edge (Saltwater) Show Off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Show off and help me too!!! I would like to see and hear about your Edge tanks!

Considering a 6.6G Edge Nano tank.

If you have pics of the 6.6G or 12G I would love to see them hear all about your experiences. I have both the 6.6G and 12G in FW. So I am familiar to their odd shape issues.

Prefer not to have anything poisonous in the tank, just been getting the basic info going and thought maybe a "simple" tank to start with shrimp and snails and a Goby. Any other fish appropriate for this size tank?

Don't really know which kinds of easy, petite/smaller/proportional/size appropriate softies, Corals, anyone help with the proper terminology?

Would like it to be lower cost to set up. And something I can add to as I increase in knowledge and ability.

Lfs always has these little 2.5-5G tanks by the register with a different fish, snails and shrimp and coral type things, & plants (algae) every few weeks something different. (Probably because the previous fish died :/)

Could change the light to the 42 LED used for the 12G. Would that be enough light if it was a 6.6G?

I have a Coralife Powerhead for circulation (it is used and was a gift from someone I bought something from on CL also I was given a UV sterilizer, but it was somewhat weathered and I don't know if it works).

What other equipment is necessary to start it up?

Going to look at a used 6.6G Edge today, if it hasn't sold and the guy finally gets me the address, lol.

Show me your Edge tanks!!! Help me decide if now is a good time for me to do this!

If you have links here on AA for your tanks, journals, builds, etc. post them here too. Thank you.:fish1:

Are there no Edge SW tanks here? I am surprised, there are some interesting pics out there. So last request, anybody have a SW?

I do not have the edge tanks but I have run a smaller reef, 4 and a 5g at some point or another. I really liked them but they were actually more involved than my larger tanks. You really need to be up on the salinity constantly and monitor the parameters more than a larger tank. BUT while I did have the small pico's I did enjoy them. water changes are a breeze since its only a few cups of water every few days. lol
the other downside is the space inside one. they are really kinda small for any fosh other than a clown goby or something similar and you will run out of room for corals before you know it. I had to upgrade to a 20g i had soo many corals in my 4g. lol

Thanks for the info Carey. That is why I also had in the back of my mind possibly my 35G + 2G filter capacity, JEBO tank frequently used for SW, although mine is presently FW. Still thinking it would look amazing, in miniature in an Edge though.

Back
Top Bottom