6 gallon Sexy Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tangs27

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi Everyone!

I would like to turn my Fluval Edge into a sexy shrimp tank. But I have some questions before I set it up.

1) How many shrimp can safely live in this size tank?

2) is the light that comes with it strong enough for a mushroom? If not what light would be best, I don't want high light corals.

I would like to keep it as simple as possible. I don't have an issue with often water changes or topping off and feeding daily. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

You can fit as many sexies as you want in a 6. They have almost no bio load. I have 9 in my 3G office pico. Not sure on the lights that come with your tank but if you post a link I'll take a look

I can't find any with out LEDs, but it sounds like there more for plants than corals. A par30 ( low light corals) or par38 (will allow you to keep sps) will work great on that tank. Check out coral compulsion for par30's or the 38's, also reefkoi and reefbreeders make good par38 bulbs. The par bulbs are nice because you can either buy a gooseneck or use a regular desk lamp to mount it.

Thanks I'll look into those. One last question if you don't mind. Are there hardier corals that can make it maybe a week and a half with no water change in the tank? Im due in June and I'm concerned that my bf will pout if he has to do a ton of maintenance til I can do it lol. Or would that be too long of a gap?

Pretty much any coral will be fine in the long run with out a wc for a couple weeks, some may not be happy about it (mainly sps) but it won't kill them as long as the tank isn't overstocked

That is pretty! I just started filling the tank once it's filled I'll post a pic. How long have u had them?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394940477.929245.jpg

I don't know if I uploaded that right lol. I put a few rocks from my tank in and some new sand so it's still really cloudy.

I am adding more water now and hopefully it will start to clear soon!

I've had those for a little over a week, just added them to my new 10. I've had the ones in my pico for almost a year now

I'm undecided. I would love more since I can't have any in my other tank(killer tang) lol. What would go good with them. I'm open to any suggestions

I have a 2 pom pom crabs in with the ones in the 3, and I have a skunk cleaner shrimp and a porcelain crab in the 10

I'm undecided. I would love more since I can't have any in my other tank(killer tang) lol. What would go good with them. I'm open to any suggestions

Anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of the foam trapped at the top? I don't know why it's there but I remove it and it comes back. Not the best pic but you can kinda see it at the top. Thanks!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395199835.791800.jpg

You should get a power head aim it up to break the water surface in the problem area. It should clear up :) it's usually due to "dead spots".

I was looking at power heads to see if it helped. I had to turn the filter down as it was blasting the sands all over the tank.

Back
Top Bottom