60 gallon cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sometimes run carbon in my tanks but usually dont. The sock will catch any particulate matter that is floating about and the refugium is just there to do its job as well. Unless you are experiencing any issues I would run it like it is. :)

I have plenty of carbon, at petco they had marine land carbon for only a 1$. I got 2 but if i run out i will just leave it out then

A reactor is the best way to use gfo but as long as you have water flowing through it you will be fine. I have tossed a filter bag with it in my biocube and it works. :)

A reactor is the best way to use gfo but as long as you have water flowing through it you will be fine. I have tossed a filter bag with it in my biocube and it works. :)

I did that with my 37g yesterday when i was changeing out my carbon i stuck a bag of GFO in there and it seems to have helped the algea. Instead of spending 70$ on a reactor i think i will just do that.

Alright, on to the sump. The overflow in the sump is only 4 inches wide and 12 deep. It doesnt look like theres any place for the filter sock.

image-4156565672.jpg

image-3632280262.jpg

The room for the skimmer is 9 inches wide and 12 deep, it has a little bar on the other side of the glass and another panel of glass that seperates the skimmer panel from the return area. And then theres a grid laying around that is not attached. Pics

image-1650421542.jpg

image-1328708307.jpg

image-2613369778.jpg

image-1073587474.jpg

And finally there are 2 holes drilled in the sump while there is only one drill for the intake to the sump from the overflow, not 2.

image-1111424588.jpg

image-991189127.jpg

Sorry, dumb question, what is GFO?
Also, I went from a canister filter to a sump. The guy who helped us with our tank suggested filling the canister with just live rock and running like that, let the live rock do it's job. Just an idea if you have one.

I would add some in the hob and in the tank. But if its one or the other i would put them in the hob fuge.

Add pods with the lights out so they have a fighting chance, or your fish will eat them up before they can get to a home. :)

Back
Top Bottom