60 gallon stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazyfish123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I dont think so I have a tank with 2 oscars, 1 red devil, 2 jack dempseys, 2 venustus , and 3 pleco. And its just a 60 gallon and they are all fine together!

[Moderator edit] Moved from other thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think so I have a tank with 2 oscars, 1 red devil, 2 jack dempseys, 2 venustus , and 3 pleco. And its just a 60 gallon and they are all fine together!

This one is overstocked in the long run. The red devil will eventually solve that tho.

That is crazily overstocked. The oscars by themselves need a 90-120!

Overstocked?

Yeah I recommend picking one or two of those fish to keep and rehome the rest. Personally id just keep an Oscar and depending what kind of pleco it is just one pleco.
Or ya know just get a bigger tank!

I'm guessing this tank hasn't been set up for more than a couple of months. There are few absolutes in this hobby, but I really do not see how this could possibly work out in the long term. Out of what you have, I'd recommend a pair of JD in that tank (M/F pair, 2 males will probably kill each other) and nothing else. Oscars and red devils do not belong in a 60 gallon tank, and really neither do the venustus. If the plecos are common plecos, same thing I said above. I would strongly suggest re-thinking your stocking plans before your fish start to hit sexual maturity. JMHO.

Okay I turned in 1 jack dempsey and traded the venustus for red jewels. Is that better?

The oscars and venustus have to go. Sorry to say. They're too big and messy and grow fast. A Dempsey a pair of jewels and maybe a convict or fire mouth might be ok

Back
Top Bottom