65 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks, and i got some from the guy i bought the tank from so im not sure there, but i got the slate from a landscaping store

The tanks looking good so far. I actually looked at it a couple days ago, just didn't make a connection when we were talking earlier. I'll get some updated pics in a couple days of mine once my driftwood is done boiling and I add it in. Once I do I'll let you know.

The tanks looking good so far. I actually looked at it a couple days ago, just didn't make a connection when we were talking earlier. I'll get some updated pics in a couple days of mine once my driftwood is done boiling and I add it in. Once I do I'll let you know.

looking forward to it.

Hey zach, I finally got some pics of my new 55g layout. Just put the wood in there last night and got everything situated. It's under my profile. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Your tank is dope I love it and what kind of fish is the bluish yellow one I think

yes is is a boesemani rainbow.
Current stocking list:
4 boesemani rainbows
4 dwarf neon rainbows
2 red rainbows
2 tourquoise rainbows
1 rapeal catfish
1 pictus catfish
1 albino rainbow shark
1 black skirt tetra (5 years old)
2 emperor tetra (used to have a school, have 5 more in a 10 gal that will be moved over once big enough)
1 sword tail ( brothers old fish before he got rid of his tank)
2 serpea tetra (will be buying more)

I'll get some updated pics in a couple days of mine once my driftwood is done boiling and I add it in. Once I do I'll let you know.[/QUOTE said:
your tank is looking very good, does anyone know of a place to buy aquatic plants other then lfs's? they are all so expencive from my lfs and they arent even good quality. there is an auction twise yearly that comes to my area, and the plants are amazing, but also expensive, any ideas? and i dont like the online sites very much.

Zach, check aquabid.com or post specific "wanted to buy" posts in the classified section of the forum here. Both are excellent sources, and you can often get plants for little more than the cost of shipping.

i do like that site il have to look around and see what is the best deal.

Driftwood: taking foreverrrr, might buy some purigen and put the wood in regardless.
Plants: all growing well so far, exept for my vals.
CO2: none yet still working things out.
fish: everyone happy except my raph, not likeing the lack of hidding spots so far. my pictus is finally healing up after a few fights with my rainbow.
algea: not very much at the moment, il clean it all off next water change.
il try and get that wood in the as soon as i can and get some pictures up.

update: so my dad was hidding a canister filter from me the entire time i have had this tank! thanks dad -.- anyways it is a marineland 220 which i guess is only good up to 55 gallons, so i can leave one of my HOB filters on and use the canister filter. i will be cleaning it and buying the inserts and media for it this weekend fingers crossed. oh and i lost a boesemani rainbow. im having some algea problems and i will be getting co2 into the tank as soon as i can. i will aslo be buying some purigen so i can get the wood in the tank without problems.

driftwood is in :) the water went a bit cloudy but will clear up soon, i will be buying some purigen to make sure the wood doesnt tan the water.

Hey, looks great! Is the Val the plant in the back left? I really like it, it's cool. What kind of lighting does it require?

Back
Top Bottom