65 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No the vals are behind the wood, the plants on the back left is a type of bocapa I think, it needs medium light I believe I will go double check now.

Thanks for the name! I'll look into it it's a nice plant. Also, tank is looking great with the driftwood! Once those plants grow it it will really give it some nice greenery and color.

Thanks! I will be buying some more plants as soon as I can, I added 2 small amazon swords to the tank, I'm working on co2 at the moment.

Oh, sounds nice. After looking at the most recent picture I was just thinking "hmm.. I bet some swords would look good in there" haha, looks like you were thinking the same thing lol :)

i have crypts and i want to add some more to make a nice little forest out of them, i definitaly want some anubias on the wood and posibly infront, aswell as some java moss. i dont think i will go with DHG becuase i dont want it to take over, is there any small low lieing plants i should look up?

thanks! i hope to get that canister filter up and running this weekend but i have exams so im short on free time.

Ok so I was wondering if I could add a little more fish to the tank, I lost 1 rainbow he was getting bullied so I kept a close eye on the rest and everything is well. So the stocking list previously is the same minus on rainbow. So back to my question. I was going to add some more serpae tetra and some more emperor tetra, would this be fine? Oh and I added a small pleco not sure the correct name but it's a dwarf one and won't grow past 6 inches. He is doing a VERY good job at eating algea I was amazed.

Do you still have the bala sharks? If so, I would recommend getting rid of them because they can grow to 10-13 inches and need 100+ gallon tanks.

I would add up the tetra schools, but how many do you have in each school currently?

Yeah I know about the balas rookie Mistake on my part, I will find a home for them, the aquaria society here should be able to take them for me, and I have 2 serpaes left, and 2 emperors left. I want to add 5 of each, I have 5 emperors in another tank waiting for them to grow a bit, and my serpaes look unhappy without there buddies ( used to have 5 ).

All right, well with luck I will find time to go into one of my Lfs and pick up some serpeas. So my vals just aren't growing at all, they are just a dark green almost brown color, any ideas?

What kind of vals do you have? How many watts do you have on that tank? I currently have some contortion vals in my 10 gallon planted with moderate lighting and they are still growing great.

Back
Top Bottom