75 Gal Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TommyP said:
That's awesome, it looks big in the picture what are the measurements you think?

The picture above is a pretty typical single head frag, probably 2-3" or better fully deployed. Depending on conditions, it will grow pretty quickly. I have one the size of a foot ball that is over 10 years old. Easy to take care of.

That's awesome. My tank is a 55 so I think that football size will get a little large but this is def something I'm looking into. Thanks for the tips.

TommyP said:
That's awesome. My tank is a 55 so I think that football size will get a little large but this is def something I'm looking into. Thanks for the tips.

I just started this little frag from a bright lime green frogspawn. This picture was taken a week ago and he has grown 30%. I think it's about the same one as above.

Attachments

• image-2620972410.jpg
    image-2620972410.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 104
The best position for this frag would be on the sandbed? I have 4 t5 bulbs the lighting would be okay assuming its a hardy coral?

They can grow in a broad variety of lighting. I would suggest medium lighting (200-400 PAR) which your t5's should produce at least 12-18" deep. If your tank is deeper, raise the coral up. It won't care if it's on the sand bed or wedged into a rock, it wants moderate flow, usually.

Mine is a little larger than a baseball, it has six heads. It started as 2 about a year ago. It's definitely one of the coolest corals to watch!

Attachments

• image-2353226053.jpg
    image-2353226053.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 109
Wow that's a beauty... Lots of growth there! Also i have a 20" deep tank with quad t5s and mine is positioned on the sand bed.

I found a double tile sea star at my lfs today! Had to bring him home, lol.

Yeah I have not many of them before but they are pretty cool!

Here is the royal gramma I got, apparently he thought hiding behind the veggie clip was a good place to hang out.

Attachments

• image-421427876.jpg
    image-421427876.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 110
Here is a nighttime fts.

Attachments

• image-669047468.jpg
    image-669047468.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 111
Here is the royal gramma I got, apparently he thought hiding behind the veggie clip was a good place to hang out.

Haha!! That's funny. At least you could still see him there. My RG has a hiding hole in a rock that he stays in most of the time. :( they're beautiful fish.

Back
Top Bottom