75gal planted log (Pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally ready to put this bad boy together! I've got my light, a 220watt t-5 strip. Right now the only things I'm missing are 60lbs of flourite black sand, co2, and ferts. The sand is in the mail, and the rest will come after my next paycheck. Anyway, I decided to go ahead and put it together with what I have so far. The substrate is 40lbs of eco-complete from my 29gal, as are the plants...and the fish for that matter.

Some of the juvi's a raised
newtank008.jpg

newtank007.jpg

newtank006.jpg

Some nice driftwood I got from trading in my cichlids
newtank005.jpg

newtank003.jpg

newtank002.jpg

newtank004.jpg

Yeah, I'm also on the lookout for some nice plant cuttings. Right now I only have a few species, I'd like to have some more variety.

good stuff.. like that big driftwood looks like its flippin a bird.. what kinda wood is that? oh yea and that black sand flourite should be looking good in your tank.. I was going to do that with my 75 tank but I wanted about 100lbs.. and I wasent paying 29.99 for 15lb bag thats for sure..

-davE

$30? bigalsonline has it for like $17. and it only cost like $25 to ship 60lbs

Well I have to shop the Big Als Canadian website which list the price

Seachem Flourite Black Sand 7 Kg.Our Price: $29.99

So yea I just went with PFS because at just under $9 for a 50 pound bag I couldent go wrong .. and it looks great too

-davE

well that's odd. I thought bigals was a canadian based company. I know when I called their customer support the lady sounded like a newfoundlander. I also thought the canadian dollar was valued higher than the US dollar right now. Seems odd that they would screw over their own countrymen. hah

well that's odd. I thought bigals was a canadian based company. I know when I called their customer support the lady sounded like a newfoundlander. I also thought the canadian dollar was valued higher than the US dollar right now. Seems odd that they would screw over their own countrymen. hah

Yea im pretty sure it is Canadian based. Our dollar right now is not higher than yours anymore.. 1.00 USD = 1.06135 CAD which is not very much higher at all.. but yes people seem to like to skrew us Canadians over for alot of things lol.. considering the taxes on everything I buy is 13% etc .. but than again If I ever fell off a roof into a giant fireball lived to tell about it and spent 5 years in a hospital bed recieved multiple surgerys and skin graphs.. at the end of it all I wouldent have had to spend a single dime.. :cool: & yes i realize this is quite off topic from the thread.

-davE

Yeah, I guess nationalized healthcare comes at a price. I'd just hurt myself all the time to get my money's worth. haha. But yeah, pool filter sand is good too. I almost went that route, but then the 40lbs of eco I already have would have gone to waste...and I just couldn't let that happen since I spent so much money on it back in the day. hah

well, I finally got around to taking some shots with my new flourite black sand. Now all I need is my CO2 and ferts...and lots of plants to fill this puppy in.

tank2003.jpg

tank2004.jpg

tank2005.jpg

Well, funds proved insufficient to buy my CO2 stuff this paycheck, but manage to get my ferts ordered from rexgrigg. CO2 will come next paycheck, until then I'm only running on 110watt.

edit: good thing I ordered those ferts! I just tested and my nitrates have bottomed out to 0ppm! I actually panicked and thought I somehow messed up my cycle even though I took 40lbs of eco complete from an established tank and a filter from an established tank. I went ahead and tested ammonia and nitrite, both zero. I'm not used to having to ADD nitrates, hah

Got some new plants from joy and alt300zx. My ferts should be coming in tomorrow, and my CO2 will be ordered come next paycheck. Anyway, here's some pictures.

tank2002.jpg

some riccia I got from Joy. Hopefully it'll fill in, then I can move it to other stuff.

tank2003_1.jpg

some HC, also from Joy, can't wait to get a proper carpet.

ntitled1.jpg

my full tank shot so far. it's a work in progress

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to post pictures whenever I make any significant changes. I just can't wait until things fill in better. So far my background and foreground are somewhat lacking, but I have a solid midground. hah. Good to see you around Bill, was beginning to think you didn't love us no more. :( hah

Glad to see the plants made the trip well. I like what you're doing with the scape so far. Should be fun to watch fill in.

Back
Top Bottom