800 gallon L - Shape Custom Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
audifusion said:
will take some updated pics !

Been short on time lately, from dealing with my stingray stung foot getting infected, tough to find a doc who knows anything about marine infections.

going to the lfs today to look at a banded bamboo shark, just hatched last week.

still waiting on my lights... Apparently some major delays on stuff from Asia lately.

Will keep you guys posted !

Get a leopard shark :D or a smoothhound. They are awesome and active swimmers

banded bamboo shark looks awesome , he is about 6 inches long and looks really healthy.

I'm going to finish up my aquascaping this week and make sure everything is really secure.

should I wait until I get my lights in before I start getting a few fish? Or does it matter?

audifusion said:
banded bamboo shark looks awesome , he is about 6 inches long and looks really healthy.

I'm going to finish up my aquascaping this week and make sure everything is really secure.

should I wait until I get my lights in before I start getting a few fish? Or does it matter?

I would get the light up first, just to make sure everything is in place and ready to go before you start stocking.that way you can get them all on timers and stuff and plus who wants to look at fish with no light on them?? Lol just a thought.

Tomchong22 said:
I would get the light up first, just to make sure everything is in place and ready to go before you start stocking.that way you can get them all on timers and stuff and plus who wants to look at fish with no light on them?? Lol just a thought.

Very true, lights make the tank look great. Its not "needed", buy some form of light is definitely encouraged

Ok, hoping to finish the aquascaping today!

Couldn't go back in the tank until my staph infected stingray sting foot healed.

My lights arrived in pieces yesterday with an apology letter from Canada post. Nothing is salvageable from the main lights. Thank god for shipping insurance. The only thing that made it unscathed was a few of my 10w 20000k lights.

But they aren't powerful enough to light up much.

so I guess I will be waiting a bit still for my lights.

Just installed a bunch of timers for lighting, ventilation, and power heads.

The timers can have up to 50 different events per day( not going to get that crazy). So it will be cool to have different strength currents at different times, and moonlighting.

My ventilation system runs quite frequently to combat excessive humidity.

Will post up some pics later today!

audifusion said:

Couldn't go back in the tank until my staph infected stingray sting foot healed.

My lights arrived in pieces yesterday with an apology letter from Canada post. Nothing is salvageable from the main lights. Thank god for shipping insurance. The only thing that made it unscathed was a few of my 10w 20000k lights.

The timers can have up to 50 different events per day( not going to get that crazy). So it will be cool to have different strength currents at different times, and moonlighting.

I'm sorry your lights were broken to bits and that your stingray sting took so long to heal. At least you're feeling better! I'll be watching out for pictures later. :)

audifusion said:

You should get a wave maker and set your lights to get dark and your water to get crazy and simulate a hurricane! Then have the lights flash on and off real fast like lightning strikes. Then have a radio set to play a thunderstorm at the same time. The fish will think they are back in the ocean during a storm!

That's probably not a good idea... But it would be kind of cool right?

Bearchumjs said:
You should get a wave maker and set your lights to get dark and your water to get crazy and simulate a hurricane! Then have the lights flash on and off real fast like lightning strikes. Then have a radio set to play a thunderstorm at the same time. The fish will think they are back in the ocean during a storm!

That's probably not a good idea... But it would be kind of cool right?

And put a small boat on the surface, and a tesla coil to simulate the lightning. ( easy now )

Back
Top Bottom