90 gal planted community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few updated pix :)

Dave

Attachments

• fulltank11_18.jpg
    fulltank11_18.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 203
  • branch_139.jpg
    branch_139.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 72
  • dscn4992.jpg
    dscn4992.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 89
It looks like it is its own world. Those are great pics. Great tank.

Red temple is a slow grower I'm finding out. I'm trying to create a BIG patch of red in the center.
There doesn't seem to be an appreciable difference in growth between the ones planted in red clay vs the ones planted in Eco.

Dave

11_30_1.jpg

Awesome....I am saving up for a 90...thats why I found this site, I did some search's and your thread came up. Great looking tank!

If you dont mind me asking can you give a list of plants you have in there...and what are you using as a light source?

What kind of light fixture do you have on top. I was looking for some VHO lights and have seen that fixture in your posts and wolf's. Wondering where I could find that on the internet. Thanks.

Red temple is a slow grower I'm finding out.
Mine is too....but it sure looks nice!

Awesome tank. Keep the pictures coming. Lots of depth to the scaping, which I really like (can you feel the jealousy?)

Wow-that is a gorgeous tank. Lucky fish! Nice to see that your danios get to live the high life, and the hatchets have enough pals to be happy. That angel thinks he is so cool!

LOVELY! I'm drooling too, and off to find a branch to have "fall" into my tank.....

A year later :)

BBA finally got the best of the tank. It's been heavily pruned, 75% of plants removed/replaced, caves & wood pieces removed, sanded/cleaned/replaced.

Thx,

Dave

Sorry, I had some pix but I'm over my limit :(

The tank is coming together good now. The thing I like most about planted tanks is being able to change things so easy and watching stuff evolve.

One lesson I've learned this past year is.. simple is better. This tank gets no dosing, no chemicals, no ferts, just water, fish and plants.

I don't do water changes per se, I skim the bottom for gunk when it needs it and what water comes out in the process I replace with water that's been standing at room temp, hence no dechlor.

I have done 2 PWC of about 25% and replaced with Ro water.

Thx,

Dave

DSC_0022.JPG

Back
Top Bottom