90 gallon start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Khij159753 said:
Okay. Well I got a few good sized rocks but most aren't enough to go to the bottom and still stick out of the sand bed. Soo just kinda burry them until they're in the sand really good and then build off them?

Yep. Get them as far down as you can and still have enough sticking out to build on.

Okay thanks :) and just a question about my 29 gal. Do ricordia mushrooms ever split themselves?

I have seen people cut 4" PVC pipe and drilling holes in the PVC. Then you can place the rock on the PVC. If done right you can't see the PVC and you don't lose the rock in the sand. I wanted to do this in my tank but found out about it too late.

Khij159753 said:
Okay thanks :) and just a question about my 29 gal. Do ricordia mushrooms ever split themselves?

I don't have any ricordia, but have read that they do split.

Okay cause I think my ricordia is splitting itself. And I just finished stacking my rock

Khij159753 said:
I'm waitin for sand to settle :)

Ok, well when the sand settles, then. Have I mentioned I'm so envious of your 90g??!! My hubby won't let me get bigger right now, but I'm still working on it!! :)

Haha :) you'll get it :) my gf threw a fit when she came over and saw I had another tank. And nearly killed me when she saw the 55 I picked up. Haha. She says I'm spending too much too fast.... Probably true :) but the 90 will be worth it :)

Khij159753 said:
Haha :) you'll get it :) my gf threw a fit when she came over and saw I had another tank. And nearly killed me when she saw the 55 I picked up. Haha. She says I'm spending too much too fast.... Probably true :) but the 90 will be worth it :)

Yeah, my husband says I spend too much on tank. But I have a good job and make money, so I get to have a hobby. ;)

:) yup always good :) and everyone likes the view! :)

What do you all think?

Attachments

• image-1034946535.jpg
    image-1034946535.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 102
Any opinions? I'm doing a 15 gallon WC and tomorrow will hopefully be adding my scooter blenny and some coral :)

I like how it has caves, but there's not many arches. If possible try to spread it out more b/c it looks somewhat clumped together. If you like it then don't change it! Is your tank already cycled? Does your scooter blenny eat frozen food b/c there prob. isn't a large enough population in a new tank where he would survive off of.

obscurereef said:
I like how it has caves, but there's not many arches. If possible try to spread it out more b/c it looks somewhat clumped together. If you like it then don't change it! Is your tank already cycled? Does your scooter blenny eat frozen food b/c there prob. isn't a large enough population in a new tank where he would survive off of.

Yeah I like the caves :) but it does look a little cramped. I'm hoping when I add the rock from my 29 gallon it will spread it out a little more. Or at least give it that look. Yes my tank is cycled. It has a little clown in it right now. And yeah my scooter blenny eats frozen anything haha :) had him sense I set up my 29. He was my 2nd fish :)

Yup :) I'm just doin this 15 gal WC then I'm gonna be testin my water and hopefully moving everything from my 29 over. (slowly) then getting a few bluegreen chromis :)

Yeah :) I really wanna get all the small fish in so I can get my show fish in there :) and really make the tank awesome.

Haha well my "show fish" will be a foxface and an engineer goby. I also wanna add 3 bangaii cardinals, 3 chromis a reef safe wrasse and another clown. Right now I have a clown and a scooter blenny.... I think that's it haha.

Back
Top Bottom