90 gallon start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Khij159753 said:
Yeah. I figure after adding up to the chromis would be okay just cause the 5 fish that will be added are all real small. Plus shouldn't that help establish the BB faster?

It will, but you'll still need to do WCs to keep trAtes down and to obviously keep the fish alive lol

Yeah i know :) I also through in a small piece of my xenia with the clownfish an it's doubled in size and opened up like crazy an looks amazing!

Okay ASAP :p I wish the nitrates were down so I could add all my coral and at least the peppermint shrimp to take care of the aiptasia.

Khij159753 said:
Okay ASAP :p I wish the nitrates were down so I could add all my coral and at least the peppermint shrimp to take care of the aiptasia.

So what's new?? What'd we add today??

Nothing yet. Still just the Xenia and clown which in tryin to get pics up of them. Tonight or tomorrow or sometime I need to aquascape all the rock and make it sturdy so the engineer I get won't send it crashing down. And then I'm planning on adding my scooter blenny. :)

Khij159753 said:
Nothing yet. Still just the Xenia and clown which in tryin to get pics up of them. Tonight or tomorrow or sometime I need to aquascape all the rock and make it sturdy so the engineer I get won't send it crashing down. And then I'm planning on adding my scooter blenny. :)

Aww you should've scaped before adding anything it would've made it easier probably lol

Yeah haha. I thought about that after I added it. :p but the Xenia is on its separate rock and the clown stays out of the way.

Any tips on aqua scaping? I also need to burry the rocks too the bottom because I'll be gettin an engineer goby

Khij159753 said:
Any tips on aqua scaping? I also need to burry the rocks too the bottom because I'll be gettin an engineer goby

Id talk to Mrc8858.. he helped me with how to scape mine, and being I've only scaped my 29g tank I'm not really an expert on it, its more of a general preference, just make sure there's plenty of caves and holes and whatnot.

Yeah. I've only scaped my 29 also so any help Is appreciated. I'm just feeling kinda overwhelmed scaping this huge tank :p

Khij159753 said:
Yeah. I've only scaped my 29 also so any help Is appreciated. I'm just feeling kinda overwhelmed scaping this huge tank :p

Which is why I'm gonna take my time with scaping mine, plan it out then epoxxy everything together :) plus I'll have all dry rock, not live rock

Haha :p well mines all in the tank already so I just gotta rearrange it. :p wish me luck :p I gotta jump all in and start doing I though cause I just keep putting it off.

So should I make like pillars and build the rock off the pillars? Or just dig it all down and have a few rocks completely covered by sand? Haha

No dig some rocks half way down into the sand or so, these pieces will be your base or foundation. Then slowly stack them higher until you find something you like

Will that be okay? With rock half burrows there will still be room to dig under them... Alot of room. This what I have to work with

The sand bed is 5" deep

Attachments

• image-2397418770.jpg
    image-2397418770.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 65
Sorry Khij- Ive been working a lot lately, so haven't been on much. Put your biggest rocks at the bottom, obviously. I put my bottom ones all the way down to bottom, but they're pretty good sized, so good amount still above sand. Then just stack and build till you like it and its sturdy. It'll probably take a while till you get the final result. Good luck!!

Okay. Well I got a few good sized rocks but most aren't enough to go to the bottom and still stick out of the sand bed. Soo just kinda burry them until they're in the sand really good and then build off them?

Back
Top Bottom