90 gallon start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice list. I have a McCosker's Flasher wrasse and it's stunning, can't stop watching it! Christmas and Melanurus wrasses are also some of my fav. reef safe wrasses. Leopard wrasses are awesome and not hard to keep if they eat frozen food.

Yeah I want to get a leopard wrasse I think. But I also like seeing other peoples reef safe wrasses because I always find new ones I haven't seen :) so post a pic of yours :) I find that the pics online never seem to do justice compared to the pics their owners take of them :)

Well if I can find my camera (which wouldn't be as great as the ones that online stores use to take pictures of their fish) and figure out how to upload pics via computer then I will. I pretty sure I need a photo bucket account or something...ahh I need to stop putting these things off!

Haha :p okay. Idk I just look on like liveaquaria and the pics never really look good.

Khij159753 said:
Haha well my "show fish" will be a foxface and an engineer goby. I also wanna add 3 bangaii cardinals, 3 chromis a reef safe wrasse and another clown. Right now I have a clown and a scooter blenny.... I think that's it haha.

Id be careful with adding another clown after already having 1 clown in there.. usually they say to either add em both at the same time or making sure there sizes arent the same.. so they can determine who's boss lol

I heard as long as they're the same type of clown and they're not the same siZe, they'll establish dominance real quick and then be fine.

So I've been hearing lots of good things about fighting conches. Anyone think it would be a bad idea to have with an engineer goby?

Khij159753 said:
So I've been hearing lots of good things about fighting conches. Anyone think it would be a bad idea to have with an engineer goby?

I'm not actually sure. A fighting conch is really just a type of big snail. Do engineer gobies eat snails? If yes, then it's probably not safe.

Idk I just heard conches clean the sand like crazy and engineer gobies make tunnels all through the sand. Idk other than that.

Khij159753 said:
Idk I just heard conches clean the sand like crazy and engineer gobies make tunnels all through the sand. Idk other than that.

Yep, conchs are great at cleaning sand- I highly recommend them. But if they're gonna get eaten by a goby, then skip it. They're about $10-15 each, which is an expensive snack for your goby. I'd research the goby and see if they eat snails before getting a conch.

Beengirl said:
Yep, conchs are great at cleaning sand- I highly recommend them. But if they're gonna get eaten by a goby, then skip it. They're about $10-15 each, which is an expensive snack for your goby. I'd research the goby and see if they eat snails before getting a conch.

Wow $10-15 each for conch fighters? I bought my for $7 the other day haha

DanS180 said:
Wow $10-15 each for conch fighters? I bought my for $7 the other day haha

Yep. Got mine at 2 different stores. Smaller one was 10, bigger was 15. They're not easy to find around here. I've seen them regularly at one LFS, and only couple times at another. So I paid what I had to. :( but I really like them- and my daughter does too. :)

Beengirl said:
Yep. Got mine at 2 different stores. Smaller one was 10, bigger was 15. They're not easy to find around here. I've seen them regularly at one LFS, and only couple times at another. So I paid what I had to. :( but I really like them- and my daughter does too. :)

Yeah they are really neat to watch, esp when they start jumping around lol

Lol just looked them up and I have one! Got it in a mixed back of snails along with at least 5 turbos and a handful of others for 20$ :)

Khij159753 said:
Lol just looked them up and I have one! Got it in a mixed back of snails along with at least 5 turbos and a handful of others for 20$ :)

Cool!! Great freebie!!

So I'm movin over some coral today :)

Tested the water ph-8.2 ammonia-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-0 :)

All my fish are hidden deep in the rocks. Can I put all My LR in the 90 From my 29? Or will it put strain on the bioload?

Are your keepin the 29 going it breaking that one down? If you're breaking it down, then as long as the rock is taken directly from the 29 to the 90, there shouldn't be any die off. But if you're leaving the 29 up, you might affect its BB load if you remove all the rock at once.

Back
Top Bottom