911 Fish Emergency ..... PPPPppp PLease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheeky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First pic is of our glass catfish really got very attached to this one ...but for some reason he has lost his tail and the end of his body looks white ????
Can any one help ......

Second one is of our black Medusa plecos she is eating and moving around but she is not he norm ... and she seems to have a big white patch starting ...

Any one who could give advice .....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The cheeky s:slurp:

Attachments

• help 131.jpg
    help 131.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 80
  • help 130.jpg
    help 130.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 70
  • help 128.jpg
    help 128.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 72
  • help 129.jpg
    help 129.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 65
Ich?

Hi, I'm suggesting that you get Ich+ from a pet store soon. I have not seen this exact white spot thing but my fish have had Ich before. hope this helps. I'll be here! :)

Thank you thanks you......Sorry for place of thread still picking up as I go ...

As for the Ich+ treatment ..Would esha exit and esha 2000 and protazol help any as theese are things I have on hand as it it 12.23 am and would it be wise to remove dbl trunk elephant fish as the dont have scales ???

The glass catfish has tail rot and possibly an infection that is now eating away at it's body. It also looks like it's gasping for air at the surface in that picture. You need to test your water for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate.

You should do a 50-60% water change asap. And keep doing 50% water changes every other day. Hopefully the glass catfish can recover.

I'm not sure what the white patches on the pleco are. Can't tell from the pic...definitely not ich though...so don't bother with ich meds. You need to test your water and keep it clean with frequent water changes. You can try treating the glass catfish with melafix/pimafix along with the water changes.

Back
Top Bottom