A Fishy Deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtglore

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone been to "A Fishy Deal" in Valley Park, MO? I think it's just SW of St. Louis. I saw this LFS advertised in FAMA and wanted some feedback before I made the trip. By the way, I went to "Slice of Nature" in Vandalia last weekend. For some reason, I thought it was closer to St. Louis than it actually was. Big mistake... Actually, I guess it wasn't. The drive was nice, the town was really neat (I especially liked the carnival/fair preparations and the state's first capital building), and the LFS was pretty impressive. Not to offend anyone, but I didn't expect that much so far from the city. Friendly staff, too! :D

-Michael

PS Man, all these acronyms are really starting to get to me. See, I did it again!

No, I didn't Micheal. I'm not ready to purchase livestock yet, and that's probably what I would buy from Slice of Nature. It's just a bit too far. I would like to buy something there, though. Hearing the way y'all talk about the place and the owner, Dean, it seems like a good LFS to support.

-Michael

No, unfortunately I didn't. I'm sure I'll go back some day and I'll mention it then. I don't know--I'd probably spend all my free time in LFSs if I didn't feel so bad about looking and not buying. I kinda felt like that there. Being a stranger, I didn't want to loiter too long. Anyhow, I'll mention it next time. Is Dean the kinda skinny fella with dark hair? Otherwise, the rest of the folks were women...

yep that's dean. hes a great guy. it is really funny cause it is about the only lfs in that i know of you can smoke in. and dean is halarious cause he will ash in his hand and put it in his pocket. ahahahaha. i laugh everytime i see him do it but he is just such a nice guy that i don't think he wants to walk away from the conversation just to ash. haha

Back
Top Bottom