A Yellow Submarine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lordofworms

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I was watching my fish in my 90gallon and just enjoying the views up close when I realized, sadly it just wasn't close enough. My tank is pretty dense,and over time lots of plants have gotten lush, driftwoods arranged, plants growing off them,etc so there are many hiding spots and crannies.

I wish they made small (neon tetra sized) RC (remote controlled) submarines with a video transmitter so I could hook it up to my computer and drive it around and see my tank as my fish do on my big wide lcd screen, I mean I saw 'Titanic' , I know they can make big ones with arms, why not a small gizmo like that..I would even say it could be useful even for cleaning up/landscaping if it had the little arms...but I would just like the videofeed so i can 'swim with the fish'

am I crazy? :blink: for two reasons
1) could something like this even be done (i mean cmon my iphones camera isnt big!)
2) for wanting to see my tank from a tenant's perspective.

I like to know what you all think>
how much would something like this cost? would you buy something like it? how much would you pay? would you think it was a 'so-so' item, or a "I have GOT to have this! item..

That would be really cool to see inside the tank. They already make those snake cameras that plumbers use so you could probably use that with the screen!

Yeah and it only needs to be like 2 ft. Long not even like the really long ones plumbers use.

Dude I looked this up and found minisubs without the camera so there must be some somewhere with a camera! i have found a palm sized one and 1 smaller than a credit card! Cheap to! It even says you can use it in a fish tank!

Maybe its not a pipe dream:brows:..maybe someone here has heard of such a thing or has enough pull in one of those huge faceless corp. that could manufacture such a thing.

Maybe its not a pipe dream:brows:..maybe someone here has heard of such a thing or has enough pull in one of those huge faceless corp. that could manufacture such a thing.
If you wanna research you could buy one and add a small camera...

GodFan said:
Dude I looked this up and found minisubs without the camera so there must be some somewhere with a camera! i have found a palm sized one and 1 smaller than a credit card! Cheap to! It even says you can use it in a fish tank!

But don't assume that its good until you see reviews of it.... I have had tons of toy remote control submarines, and all of them have either had a leak and ruined the battery compartment, or stopped working after a few weeks.

But don't assume that its good until you see reviews of it.... I have had tons of toy remote control submarines, and all of them have either had a leak and ruined the battery compartment, or stopped working after a few weeks.
oh yea I forgot about that...

Dale_I said:
You can rent a plumbers sewer camera at rental yards fairly inexpensively by the hour.

And who here in Gunna stick a sewer cam in their display ? My brother is a plumber and I wouldn't even touch his tools...... Let alone the ones he shoves down toilets

Back
Top Bottom