AAAAHHH! Tired of 5g fluval spec. looking for ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imissmytruck

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am fed up with my Fluval spec 5g. I need low light plants (hopefully a ground cover) I am going to do shrimp but cant decide on what substrate to use. I just need ideas to do something with it. I never thought I would have trouble with a small tank. I found out it's MUCH harder than a big one.

What are your ideas?

I have a Fluval Spec 5. I actually really like it. I have not had many problems except losing ghost shrimp. I had five, three died. Bought 3 more, 3 died again, oh well. I also have a beta and the ever present mystery snails. I have anubias, crypto, java fern, java moss, banana plant, wisteria, some sort of sword, spirialis (sp?) and dwarf lotus.

The pics are a bit old though. The lotus is much bigger now.

Attachments

• IMAG0479.jpg
    IMAG0479.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMAG0488.jpg
    IMAG0488.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMAG0483.jpg
    IMAG0483.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 141
Wow! That is a beautiful tank. I am absolutely no good at the aquascaping part of this hobby. Isnt the outflow too much for your Betta? Mine hated it so I had to block the outflow a bit o slow it down even though the pump is on the lowest setting.

I found that tank to be inspiring. Here is how I changed my Fluval 5.

61591-albums12542-picture57349.jpg

I have a Fluval Spec 5. I actually really like it. I have not had many problems except losing ghost shrimp. I had five, three died. Bought 3 more, 3 died again, oh well. I also have a beta and the ever present mystery snails. I have anubias, crypto, java fern, java moss, banana plant, wisteria, some sort of sword, spirialis (sp?) and dwarf lotus.

The pics are a bit old though. The lotus is much bigger now.

I have to say ... that is a very nicely laid out Fluval spec.(y)

I didn't notice a heater ... did you hide it in the filter compartment? That's one nice thing about those Fluval specs ... some heaters can be hidden in filter section.

I tried one of those small heaters for the filter compartment and found it did not heat well enough. It was the Aqueon brand not the fluval one. LFS didn't carry that one. I am not a big fan of how I did my heater...but it was the smallest one I could get my hands on that was efficient.

Back
Top Bottom