Absolutely No Experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JayhawkRN

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I know absolutely nothing about aquariums. I have always loved and appreciated saltwater fish and aquariums, ever since I was young and my dentist had one in his office. I am looking to start researching to start my tank in the future. I won't be setting it up until I get settled in my new house in about a year. So now I am just looking to start learning about how to go about it, so I am ready when it comes time.

Goals: I would love to have a reef tank, but I know that is WAY, WAY down the road.

I live in Kansas, with no fish shops near me, as far as I can tell. Is it possible to buy fish on-line and have them delivered?

What are some noob friendly resources, because I know nothing? And reading some of these threads make my head spin.

Yes. There are several sites to buy fish online- just know you are going to pay kind of expensive shipping. Liveaquaria.com is a big one that I know of. An this is one of the set sites for information!

Hi, and welcome to AA! Y are in a great forum to begin learning. These folks are friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to share their experience and wisdom. And good for you for beginning your research before you buy anything. I know you'll have enjoy the research and the hobby, when you get there.

Back
Top Bottom