Acclimating snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey gang, over the last few months my tank has acquired a fair few pest snails, my LFS has finally got a stock of Assassin Snails and I was wondering how on earth do I acclimate him?!

Any help would be great!

:thanks:

Drip acclimation is easiest and best IMO for all animals being added to the tank

A regular 15 minute floating and then adding water slowly to the bag is fine IMO. My nerites were acclimated like that and then they went in the tank, have loved it.

maxwellag said:
Drip acclimation is easiest and best IMO for all animals being added to the tank

Hmm how would I go about it?

Is this the same as adding water to its bag over a period to allow it to adjust to my Params?

Thanks for the quick reply tho mate :)

bruinsbro1997 said:
A regular 15 minute floating and then adding water slowly to the bag is fine IMO. My nerites were acclimated like that and then they went in the tank, have loved it.

That's what I thought too, should they be packed with anything in the bag to make sure they don't get stressed? Like a plant or gravel?

Scouser said:
Hmm how would I go about it?

Is this the same as adding water to its bag over a period to allow it to adjust to my Params?

Thanks for the quick reply tho mate :)

Start a siphon with air hosing from the tank to a bucket... Tie knots in the tube until it is just dripping. Then add the animal to the bucket. Wait 30 minutes to an hour, and net the animal out and into the tank

maxwellag said:
Start a siphon with air hosing from the tank to a bucket... Tie knots in the tube until it is just dripping. Then add the animal to the bucket. Wait 30 minutes to an hour, and net the animal out and into the tank

I'll have to find a few items then, I don't have air hosing as of yet but I can get some.

Thanks for the advice mate :)

Back
Top Bottom