Active top swimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bogben14

Aquarium Advice Regular
Currently I have 6 tiger barbs, 1 dwarf gourami, 3 Otocinclus in my 37 gallon tank and am looking for compatible top level swimmers. Any ideas?

Not sure on the compatibility with your fish since I've never kept tiger barbs, but Rocket/Clown Killifish are top swimmers, they are quite small though. If you don't have a top to the tank they have been known to jump, but having floating plants can also help with this.

Not sure on the compatibility with your fish since I've never kept tiger barbs, but Rocket/Clown Killifish are top swimmers, they are quite small though. If you don't have a top to the tank they have been known to jump, but having floating plants can also help with this.

Great fish! I have a bunch in a heavily planted 10g right now. Best off in a species tank or a nano-only tank though.

Danios nearly all swim at the top, but they will drive the poor gourami nuts with their speed. DG need a quiet tank with lots of plants, hiding places, floating cover and virtually no water current. They are sensitive, delicate fish that have an unhappy habit of dying suddenly for no observable reason.

Very lovely fish, but not great community fish. Those tiger barbs are very likely to nibble it's feelers off too.. they are very nippy, pushy fish.

+1 to what Fishfur said. Tiger barbs are very nippy, so DGs are not a good fish to have with them. Also, you should get more tiger barbs to keep aggression within the school. If you get rid of the DG than you could have zebra danios. Also, harlequin rasboras swim near the top.

Back
Top Bottom