Adding some new fish...suggestions please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brybell

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

Have a 20 gal high, aqua clear 50 filter.

My tank has been up and running for about a year. Started out with some corys, neons and harlequin rasboras. Did not have a lot of luck with corys, as I only have 1 of 5 left. 1 neon has died and no rasboras have died.

The corys could have been a fluke because I think I just got unhealthy ones.

So I have 1 albino cory left, and I was planning on getting a few more so he is not lonely.

I also only have 4 neons, so I was planning to get at least 4 more neons.

What else should I get? Today at the LPS, they had some nice looking golden pristella tetra. I was also thinking I could get a albino or other pleco? How do they do with corys?

Any suggestions are welcome! :popcorn:

have you checked you nitrites and ammonia levels catfish are very sensitive to bad water
cories like to be in a school at least 3 , but 6 are better
only 1 peco in a tank please unless it is a huge tank and most get over 12 " long
cories need hiding places or they get stressed

Maybe a dwarf gourami? If you go for a plec, get a Bristlenose or Rubberlip (aka the Bulldog) plecs as they stay smaller and less aggressive. Don't forget driftwood! They absolutely love it.

Also, watch your parameters to be safe and don't add them all at once. I would add the tetras, wait a week or two, add the plec, wait a week or two, then add the cories last.

Cool thanks guys. My params are good, always maintained the tank well and tested regularly.

Yes I was thinking bristlenose :)

A pleco and corys may be pushing it in a 20t, plecos can be territorial, they also crap like a machine which will create a less than desirable substrate for the corys unless you gravel vac every day..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A pleco and corys may be pushing it in a 20t, plecos can be territorial, they also crap like a machine which will create a less than desirable substrate for the corys unless you gravel vac every day..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ok cool, thanks. thats kinda what I had been thinking.

Back
Top Bottom