Advice for a huge tank on craigslist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian14

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for a 200-300 gallon tank on craigslist and found a tank that fit what I was looking for. It is 72 x 24 x 30 and comes with looks like a DIY stand. It said it has a 55 gallon sump underneath and PVC overflow hooked up to the tank but that price would be added into the $700 dollars he wanted for the tank/stand/lights.

Now I'm totally new on sumps/wet dry filters. Is there a different from where the holes are drilled in the tank or if there is just a PVC overflow. This will be my largest tank and I think with this size it would be best. Can some people share their experience with these kinds of filters with me?

The tank will be freshwater

Thanks

How much do you think it is all worth? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390854551.313164.jpg

Stand is worth a solid $25! Looks like he had big plans for that bad boy, get it! I'll build you a DIY wrap for it!

The 55 sump is loaded with a 6" filter sock, bio sponges, filter floss, trays of lava rock, and a sponge filter. That's enough filtration to host a shark family. I used it for breeding stingrays. The PVC overflow has been painted black and is 2". The water pump returns over 2000g of water and cost over $150 new. Heater is a 400w made by Hydor. - that's what I was told. He wants a 1000 for all of it. I'd go 800 for sure but I don't know about 1000. What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom