Advice Wanted on Adding Stock to 90 gal. Mbuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haglagwr

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I have a 90 gallon tank with 7 Mbunas ranging from 2.5" to 4.5". I have had these fish together with no additions for several months now and all seems fine. I have a red zebra that is the boss and is huge at 4.5 inches. I have an Electric Blue Johanni, female and male Kenyi, Accei, Rusty, an unknown zebra that couldn't be identified on this site (We tried but no luck!), and a aulonocara stuartgranti peacock (one of my first buys sold to me as a Mbuna). I want to add around four new fish and will most likely have to buy online (thinking about Dave's Rare Aquarium--heard it is a good one). Any advice is appreciated on new Mbuna species I obviously am most concerned with compatable and colorful fish.

Add all four at once as it will give them a better chance of being accepted into the pecking order.Singularly added fish tend to be singled out and bullied.How about Yellow labs and cobalt blue Zebras.

I like both of those options thanks Garfy. I'm a little hesitant about adding yellow labs, aren't they fairly peaceful? Wondering if they could survive in my tank with some aggressive mates. Also does anyone know about keeping Tropheops "Red Cheek"? From the little I've read about them they seem to be very aggressive. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck keeping them and how aggressive they are in captivity?

I have two yellow labs in my mbuna tank. Although they are more peaceful.. The tend to stand their ground instead of scurrying away most times. That's just my experience.

Back
Top Bottom