African cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will58

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 850 aqua one tank and was after some African cichlids and some type of catfish for it. I have no idea what cichlids will happily share the tank can anyone please help me

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

You will probably have to go with dwarfs with that size tank. 43 gallons isn't much when it comes to Ciclids.

You could probably do a group of Pseudotropheus saulosi in there.

What about mixed cichlids???

Ah Ok thanks would a pair of nimbochromis livingstonii around 10-15cm be good? And are they to aggressive to have any other fish in there with them like cats or something

Just bought 4 afra cobues can anyone give me some information and things about them i was also wondering if the spots on the anal fin mean anything
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409981269.555685.jpg

Thx

Sorry about the unclear picture

They had a name change Cynotilapia zebroides (Cobue)

That's what's in my profile picture. What kind of info do you want? I'd stick with just them in the tank but probably add 6 or so more

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They had a name change Cynotilapia zebroides (Cobue)

That's what's in my profile picture. What kind of info do you want? I'd stick with just them in the tank but probably add 6 or so more

Thanks. um i would like any information about what they like to have in their tank and when/where they will breed and what to feed them other then dried food

Thanks. um i would like any information about what they like to have in their tank and when/where they will breed and what to feed them other then dried food

In the tank it should be a lot of rocks and cave holes. They will spend most of their time around the rocks trying to get females in. As far as food goes you should only feed a low protein diet of high quality foods such as nls

Here is a profile about the cichlid and over on the right side it has a spot to change to an article. It should have some good reads

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1371

Thanks. Will have to get some more rocks there is only a couple in there,also had a bit of a surprise today got home and found a couple of huge mounds of coral sand and some holes under the rocks where they have been picking the sand up in their mouth and spitting it out to make some caves(i think) 1 more thing they wont eat how long does it generally take for these to settle in enough

The digging is normal behavior for most cichlids. If you have big rocks make sure they are stable and on the bottom of the tank so they don't make them fall and break the glass.

Oh ok thx i should've thought of that lol ??

They should be settled in enough by now to eat. What are you feeding them?

Back
Top Bottom