African cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. Will have to get some more rocks there is only a couple in there,also had a bit of a surprise today got home and found a couple of huge mounds of coral sand and some holes under the rocks where they have been picking the sand up in their mouth and spitting it out to make some caves(i think) 1 more thing they wont eat how long does it generally take for these to settle in enough

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

They're usually pretty shy and a true rock dweller. Mine hardly ever leave the area of their home. When they eat they will make a quick dash to grab it and dash right back to the cave. They could take a week or two to get use to you and the tank environment before they come out a lot. Which is why you found the mounds when you got home. You can try only feeding a small amount a couple times a day and walk away from the tank. Each time you can try getting a little closer. Also try to keep your hands out of the tank as much as possible to try not to spook them

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410163644.057705.jpg

Just aded these fish to the afras tank
3 electric yellows 2 males 1 female
3 bristle noses 2 females 1 male and
Pair of red fin kandangos

How do you think these will go

Kandangos get to large for the tank. More than likely once breeding starts you will probably lose a species or two. The tank isn't big enough t support all those fish which is why I said a species only tank of just the cobue.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea at the moment though they are all about 5-7cm except for the big cobue

Your asking for advice yet your buying stuff and not askin, I'd rehome everything except the coube and do a specie only tank.

Back
Top Bottom