African cichlids.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImACoolguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so my pH isn't that high but I am thinking about smaller Africans.

The reason for this is because I have a feeling my mother will not be happy about me changing 60-70 gallons of water a week for an Oscar.

I love the Oscar and would love to have one but that is a ton of water to change for just one tank a week. We use city water and she said she would make me pay the water bill haha.

So my pH is around 6.8-7.2 from the tap. I've heard most aquarium fish will adapt as long as the pH is stable. If this is true I would like to look at smaller Africans rather than one big Oscar.

What are good Africans to start with?

PS thank you to those who gave me input for the Oscar. When I go 100+ gallons sometime in the future I will have one!

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

Caleb

Done some more reading and the more aggressive species it's best to only have one. This always true?

Caleb

Sorry forgot to add that in. It's a 75 gallon tank that is in a fish less cycle. Has a sandy substrate and some Eco complete. Has some live plants and I'm looking. To find some larger rocks. The cycle still has a few weeks to go so I have time to decide.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom