African Dwarf Frogs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Small baby ones are more likely to be eaten than a bigger one. However ADFs have terrible eyesight and are too slow to catch a shrimp. A betta however is more likely to catch a shrimp, but it also depends on the betta's personality

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would say 1- 1 1/2 years, however, if you get multiple shrimp and they live in good conditions, they will readily breed. Also, invest in a pre filter or sponge filter to keep any shrimp from being sucked into the filter.

I've owned shrimp before and they're pretty interesting. However a wine glass would not be a good home for any animal. An established freshwater aquarium of at least 5 or more gallons with plenty of hiding places and a mature substrate are the ideal setup for Ghost Shrimp. It should be with small peaceful fish that will not pose a threat of eating these shrimp.

When I said wine glass I meant a fake one that was a couple feet tall. They sell them at different places as candle holders and they are like a gallon each. Your probably right though that's not enough space...

NatureFish
????

What is the smallest freshwater animal? Meaning the animal with smallest tank requirements?

NatureFish
????

EDIT: I think I'll stick to the original plan of a betta and ADFs.

You could take a mini wine glass and put it completely submersed in the 10g. I would put some java moss in there. Then when the shrimp go in there it will look really cool!

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My adfs nipped at the shrimp when first introduced. They actually tried stalking them. However the shrimp caught on pretty quick and they are much faster than the frogs. Same thing when introduced the cherry shrimp. No one got eaten, and the frogs have since given up even trying. Hell, I have shrimp that steal food right in front of the frogs! They even land on the frogs backs sometimes. Like everyone said, some good hiding places like a thick plant, real or fake, or a piece of cholla wood. My frogs can't fit inside, but not for lack of trying. Shrimp and frogs are a fun combo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh and watch the glass idea, not for glass though. I had a shot glass for my first two frogs, and our goldfish decided to try to go in it. He got stuck and died. R.I.P. Mickey.

I would say 1- 1 1/2 years, however, if you get multiple shrimp and they live in good conditions, they will readily breed. Also, invest in a pre filter or sponge filter to keep any shrimp from being sucked into the filter.

I have a thin piece of sponge over my filter slots held with zip ties. Doesn't get clogged easy and protects my shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom