African questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe I'll save the hassle n wait till they start to get bigger than the others and hopefully easier to catch. What to do what to do...

I love them fusco's they do get rather large and will eat whatever fits in their mouth and will try to eat things that wont fit lol. At the petsmart near me they have some and they are recomending a 30 gal for them. Totaly absurd!

I love them fusco's they do get rather large and will eat whatever fits in their mouth and will try to eat things that wont fit lol. At the petsmart near me they have some and they are recomending a 30 gal for them. Totaly absurd!

I know right! That's where I got mine but they were labelled a johanni!!! And they told me yellow labs were the most aggressive african! I didn't know much but I knew that was waaaay wrong! I'm gonna leave them in for now with about 18 mbuna and peacocks and just see how things play out and rehome as I need to. They're the smallest 2 and hide except feeding time. It's my first african tank and I love the activity and personality they have so far! I'd be surprised if the auratus johanni and kenyi don't beat them up before they get too big ...at least from what I've rea about them as they mature

I had a big male fusco, he was around 10" and he died choking on a small female that i put in there. They both died, i was pretty sad. I loved that fish.

I had a big male fusco, he was around 10" and he died choking on a small female that i put in there. They both died, i was pretty sad. I loved that fish.

That stinks! How big a tank and how quick did he get that big?

You can see him here next to the zebra

Attachments

• image-3122018990.jpg
    image-3122018990.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom