Africans with sunken stomachs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly I would do the parasite treatment anyway. Praziquantel is a very innocuous medication. Won't hurt your fish, won't hurt your biofilter, it's probably the most worry-free medication I've used. If it's parasites, you're ahead of the game; if it isn't, then you won't lose anything from it.

^^^I personally share this point of view also^^^
Often with many disease or issues the faster you recognize and treat the easier the road is......

That may be a good idea, however, if its intestinal worms, I've heard that praziquental won't touch them, and I'd actually need a dewormer like Febendazole.

Okay, so its been a few weeks, I've been feeding usually twice a day and using mostly NLS Thera A, however, none of the fish have been looking any better and since yesterday, the mylochromis has been looking really really skinny and lost almost all its color, and now is definitely only mouthing food, and not eating. Because of his emaciated state, I've put him in a quarantine tank.
What should I do now? Get a dewormer? And I'm assuming treat both his tank and my 125. I definitely need to do something because I'm not sure the mylo will make it anymore :/

I'm planning on buying some fenbendazole and mixing it in with the food to try and get it in their stomachs, is this medication safe for synodontis cats?

Back
Top Bottom