Albino bn and convicts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pictuslover23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, so I would like to rescue some baby bn plecos (about an inch long) that my friend has and isn't taking care of properly. Right now I have room in my convict tank with a 3 in male convict and his fry. Would this be ok with them being so little? There are lots of nooks and crannies but I thought I'd ask on here to double check.

The convict might be more than a bit rough on the plecos as he's in guard mode. How big of a tank are we talking? You can always make a divider using plastic egg crate diffuser grating to keep the plecos from harm, although the convict fry will be able to swim through either way (and perhaps the plecos might be able to) but the male convict will be stuck on one side. I'd be very surprised if the plecos gave the fry any trouble.

Thanks for the advice! I might be able to pit them in my community tank until I rehome the convicts. I don't think my pictus, kribs, or swordtails would touch them.

Back
Top Bottom