Algae Eater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gamecockaquascaper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thinking about getting another algae eater in my planted tank. What are your opinions on species?

Gamecockaquascaper said:
Two angels, two rainbows, two corys, a Raphael cat , and a pictus cat

Ur overstocked wht filter do u have and Cory's should be in groups of at least 4

Gamecockaquascaper said:
Two angels, two rainbows, two corys, a Raphael cat , and a pictus cat

And r u talking bout rainbow sharks or rainbow cichlids

Guggiboy123 said:
Ur overstocked wht filter do u have and Cory's should be in groups of at least 4

I had four. Pictus ate the small two. Thinking of trading one of the angels. Open to anything. What are your suggestions.? I have a two filters that are listed up to 55 gallon each.

Guggiboy123 said:
I would rehome the Raphael and get two Cory's and three rainbows and how big are ur angels

I would worry more about the Pictus. I think a community tank is more to your liking haha. The Angels will be ok in the 36. Not the best of situations but ok none the less. I agree with Guppiboy123 about adding some Rainbows and Corydoras. Do you have other aquariums?

Guggiboy123 said:
I would rehome the Raphael and get two Cory's and three rainbows and how big are ur angels

The Raphael hangs out with the pictus cat. One rainbowfish bullies the other and the same for my angels. The angels are each about 5 inches tall.

Predfan27 said:
I would worry more about the Pictus. I think a community tank is more to your liking haha. The Angels will be ok in the 36. Not the best of situations but ok none the less. I agree with Guppiboy123 about adding some Rainbows and Corydoras. Do you have other aquariums?

I used to have an Oscar in a larger tank. I've kept several other aquariums over the years. The pictus stays in its cave most of the time.

Gamecockaquascaper said:
I used to have an Oscar in a larger tank. I've kept several other aquariums over the years. The pictus stays in its cave most of the time.

Well I just worry that since you said that the Pictus ate the other Corydoras that maybe he should be rehomed. Hardest thing to do in the hobby is to remove a fish, especially of you don't have an aquarium to house said fish.

Also, from your name I gather you're in SC?

Predfan27 said:
Well I just worry that since you said that the Pictus ate the other Corydoras that maybe he should be rehomed. Hardest thing to do in the hobby is to remove a fish, especially of you don't have an aquarium to house said fish.

Yes in South Carolina. My local shop will trade. Perhaps I'll trade one of the angels and the pictus for a few Cory's.

Predfan27 said:

But don't Rafael get up to like 7 inches and I agree with u about the angels

Back
Top Bottom