Algae Outbreak!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooling1981

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All!

I have a massive algae outbreak, it appears to be a lot of brown algae and some green/hair algae. I have some clean up crew but I feel this is taking over way more than they can handle.

My live rocks are covered in it, I wanted to ask regarding best methods to clean live rock, I don't want to do anything wrong to it, is it best to just let it be or is there ways to clean it?

I am changing my light timing duration, I have a blue/white LED combo that is programmed to be around 9hrs a day, a couple of the hours are just the blue lights (dawn and dusk, moonlight) , hoping that will help. Any advice in general how to defeat this overpowering force!?

Thanks!

Are you over feeding your fish? I have the same problem so I would test your phosphates and make sure you don't have a lot of nutrients that are feeding the algae also timing for lights will help but make sure your using RO water and if not making sure your keeping your water parameters in check watch for overfeeding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell us more about the tank? Size, how long it's been running, what's in it, how often and what you're feeding...so on.
There are two articles in my signature that address algae battles and how to combat such a nuisance.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom