Algae Problems.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
A friend of mine has a tank which contains goldfish. The tank has some algae on the tank glass, it is only little bits and it is no where else in the tank. The tank does not receive sunlight and the lights are usually on 9-5.

The only thing that stood out to me about the tank was the fact that the filter had carbon in it as I really dont like using it.

What can use guys suggest lol.

Thank You In advance

:D

What kind of algae is it? That will depend on what we can suggest. As Ice pointed out, an algae scrubber.

or if you dont actually wanna clean it yourself, you could get a chinese algae eater...they're great for eating algae (one small one cleared my whole back and side glass in about a half week lol). If you get one tho, make sure you get a smaller one, as bigger ones get meaner, and i think they stop eating algae as much...and i'm not sure if they can go w/goldfish either.

siamese algea eaters are the way to go, however if it is the hard green spot algae, they won't touch it. They also wont touch established Brush algae, they love fuzz algea and hair algae though.

All aquariums get algae, its never completely gone. Just get a small clean up crew

Back
Top Bottom