ALGEA EATING CREW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unfamous

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey guys what would be a good algea cleaning crew for my 29 gal?

i have
2 bolivian rams
2 cardinal tetras..planin on gettin more
1 knight goby
1 rapheal catfish
1 blue tetra

and i am planing on getting rid of..
3 clown loaches
1 chinese algea eaters

and no cories because i am planning on gettin those for a biotope i am gonna setup soon.

In my 29 I currently have:
2 Otocinclus
1 Bristlenose Pleco
4 Amano Shrimp

I don't have too many algae problems at the moment, but these guys clean up the little that does show up.

i was thinking on amano shrimp....i am gonna have otos and a bristlenose in my other tank...what other small pleco would be good?

BN Pleco is good. CAE's are good until they get older, then they become more aggressive to other fish, and eat fish food more than algae. I have 4 of them. ;)

The bulldog or rubberlip pleco is also supposed to be a good algae eater that stays small.

wont clown loaches get too big for a 29 gallon? i have a flying fox in my 20 gallon and im still waiting for him to eat my hair algae but hes cleaned up the bottom a lot

i know the loahces will get big..i mentioned that i am gonna get rid of them in the beginng of the post..

If you have alot of hiding places and cover(such as mosses or fine leaved plants),cherry shrimp are better that amanos.Cherry shrimp breed in tank without going through that planktonic stage.So that means you'll get alot of cherries when they start breeding.I think they can eat algaes on plants and glass too.HTH

I have -

1 4" flying fox (he dosn't care about algae)
2 4" Stick fish (they are constantly working on the drift wood but dont make much of a dent)

5 1" SAE (these guys tear up the fuzz algae as well as any BBA that is newly found. I highly recommend these guys as a clear up crew. My tank has been completly algae free since they were introduced)

P.S. nitrous, flying foxes will pick at hair algae but dont really touch it too much. the fish that I found that really like hair algae is the floridian American-flag fish and mollies

Back
Top Bottom