all the same kind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishtankfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey guys

i'm about to stock my 20 gallon tank. i think i would like a community tank with only one type of fish. what are your suggestions? i love fish with good personalities (who doesnt?). what have been your guys best experiences with a certain species or certain mix of community fish? Talk it up.

I personally love tiger barbs for a species-only tank. They are so active and colorful, and you could have probably 8-9, as they do get larger than what you normally see in the LFS.

Otherwise any of the schooling or shoaling tetras would be good, like getting a big pile of neons would make a nice tank, though they are a little short on personality.

Nahhhhh TankGirl....Tiger Barbs are a GREAT suggestion. Fits exactly what fishtankfish is looking for!

Tiger barbs....hmmm. They actually looked like a possibility last time i was at the store. I'll look into it. Any more ideas?

Oh and no tetras please. Not a fan.

Dwarf puffers would rock! I used to have 4 in a 15-gal, and they are the coolest. The tank lacks activity since the fish are so small, but they really do have a lot of personality if you can get a group that won't kill each other, LOL. Ounce for ounce, toughest fish on the block, bar none!

Back
Top Bottom