Alligator Arowhead Puffer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

puffergirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw some of these at Big Als yesterday. Never heard of them before. They were really neat looking. They are a light brown color and had themselves burried in the rocks with their eyes only visible waiting to ambush the feeder fish.

Has anyone heard of these guys before? Do you know of a link where I can find out more info on them?

Extremely mean, vicious killer! Has to be kept as a singleton. NO TANKMATES! I bought one that was floating in a holding tank at the suppliers, next to another one. He bit thru the bag he wat in & then bit the bag of the fish next to him & killed it. I named him Hannibal. Poor fella died 6 weeks later of liver disease. I just got a new juvie one. The LFS begged me to take it. It seems no one knows how they had it in one of their tanks. As it is a hiding lurker, they never saw her. Every time they'd stock the tank, all the fish would disappear. One day they floated a bag of white clouds in her tank & one of the employees saw her come up from her hiding place & bite the bag. She was eating each fish as they swam out! I named her Penelope. Very cool-looking fish. Has the face of a dog.

Thank you for the helpful links Toirtis. I have seen these guys at riverfront as well but since they don't use subtrate I didn't realize they burried themselves. I agree with you on Big Als, only reason I go is for equipment and I look at the fish. I don't buy there anymore. Never been to Pisces but heard lots of good things about it.

With a CAS membership, you also save 15% on dry goods and 15% on livestock at Pisces (so those puffers would be only $16.99 each), and their regular prices on many things are already lower than Big Als, as are the prices at Tanks Alot (plus you get a 10% discount on dry goods there, and all their filter media is 2/1), and Golds, which has about the lowest dry-stock prices in the province.

Back
Top Bottom