Almost ready for fish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You gotta do more than float them you have to very slowly introduce the tank water to the water they are in while floating them. That way temp and water chemistry slowly become the same. It should take at least an hour or more to be safe. They are pretty hearty fish though along with your clowns.

Great selection! Would just recommend not turning on the light for at least 4 hours. It really stresses them out..being "out in the open" with brightness, I just leave my lights off until the next day.

Great tip!!

In the excitement I forgot about the light

Thanks

lakaiguy said:
Bummer sorry to hear that.

Do you have other fish that are doing ok??

Just wanna make sure its not your water conditions that caused the loss.

No not the water.. Only fish I've lost other than a chromis, which I expected 1 to die based off I what I heard.. I wasn't aware that they needed a lengthy acclimation time and it just couldn't handle the change I guess. I am not very fond of my lfs, but it's either drive 10 minutes to it, or an hour and a half or more to the ones I like. They didn't give me any info on acclimating it, and I am pretty sure they lied about how long they had it in their tank before I bought it.

Lesson learned though! I make sure I do research before I buy anything now because I cannot count on them to!

Back
Top Bottom