am i fully stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how many can i fit in my tank if i get rid of the mollies and get two more cats?? assuming my water quality is good :)

Refresh us on what would be In there, so as to avoid confusion

5 ghost cats
1 dwarf gourami
1 mystery snail
1 african dwarf frog
take into consideration..if i get rid of mollies i would get guppies and a group of small tetra.. ithink... havent totally thought that through yet..

I'd say maybe... I wouldn't push your aquarium. Try it out like that and add 1 more catfish. They enjoy groups of 6. If their behavior changes for the better then I'd keep the aquarium with those 8 fish. If it doesn't change, you might be able to put in 3 guppies.

mabj.. sorry for the confusion... i have 3 cats right now..but i would be getting 2 more to make 5. im just not sure how many guppies i would get in addtion to the cats .. your right I dont want to over do it.. but- with the cats.. they are see thru obviously ..so i really need some color in my tank:) it was suggested to me that once i got rid of my mollies... got 2 more cats (to equal 5) and a few guppies(not sure how many) i may still be able to comfortable fit a school of small tetra.. do you agree?

mabj.. sorry for the confusion... i have 3 cats right now..but i would be getting 2 more to make 5. im just not sure how many guppies i would get in addtion to the cats .. your right I dont want to over do it.. but- with the cats.. they are see thru obviously ..so i really need some color in my tank:) it was suggested to me that once i got rid of my mollies... got 2 more cats (to equal 5) and a few guppies(not sure how many) i may still be able to comfortable fit a school of small tetra.. do you agree?
that sounds like a wonderful and colorfull tank but iam sure someone will disagree but in the end its up to you i think they will do just fine i have a larger then usual community tank and they are doing amazing just watch the adult size and try to imagine them swimming comfortably in your tank hope this helps

Hmm I'd agree, I'm just hesitant cause I've never owned a glass cat, :p I'd say if you want small tetras with color, try neons. Maybe skip the guppies and get an even bigger school. Neons are kind of dependent on good water conditions. They also have a small bioload! You might be able to fit anywhere from 6-12. Depending on which expert comes in here and corrects me :p

I'd say a school of neons or cardinals is a swell idea. =D Either that or guppies would work.

+1 with rose. Like I Said, I'd pick one or the other

yes defiantly i would go with the guppies because of the color boost to your tank i know its a little bigger bio load but with the ghost cats it will give your tank much needed color

5 ghost cats
1 dwarf gourami
1 mystery snail
1 african dwarf frog
take into consideration..if i get rid of mollies i would get guppies and a group of small tetra.. ithink... havent totally thought that through yet..

I would add 1 more ADF - they like to have a buddy. I'd go with 4 male guppies. Don't add these all at one time though. Add the cats and frog first, wait a week or two, then add the guppies. That should stock your tank. If after running the tank for a few months with that stock, you find you are easily keeping your nitrates from exceeding 20ppm, you can add a couple more guppies, but let your water quality be the judge.

I do not agree, that's too many groups of fish. IMO it's the tetra or the guppies, not both. Keep in mind the guppies will occupy the top half of the tank and the tetra the bottom half, so you may want to add whichever you feel will fill the tank out best.

+1 to siva. Shes definitely right. I feel like if it were my aquarium, id pick the tetras.

ohhh the controversy lol o well everyone has their opinion
imo
4 cats will do fine together
1 dwarf gourami
2 ADF
3-4 guppies
again thats my opinion and do your 30% pwc weekly and maybe consider a AC40 filter not a must but something to look into

Def go with the guppys, they are v pretty and my ones at least seem fairly hardy! Make sure they are all male though, we thought ours were all male and were wrong :s soo many babies! And we havent even done anything to make sure they survive!

well- im currently out of town...heading home soon.. and i bought the master kit- hope its not to complicated for a beginner like me...but i will post the much needed results.. I think guppies may win over tetra... only because they have more color variety and are more fun to watch... dang! i wish i could have both!

The master kit is really easy, just follow the instructions! =D Reading the results is more complicated but if you have a problem, just ask or upload a pic!

I agree that the guppies should win, if only because they're top swimmers and most of your others are mid-swimmers.

Neons or cardinals are more fun to watch in big schools. Im not a fan of black neons

Back
Top Bottom