am i fully stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No idea whether these results are good or bad so please advise..
ammonia 0.50
nitrite 0
nitrate 5.0
ph.. couldnt read... how do i post pics on here??? i could show a pic of the results for consult :)

Ammonia needs to be below .25 and nitrAtes need to be below 1

how do i fix? are those #s really bad?? found the button for uploading pics but dont know how to get the url for a pic...

It just means your cycle has started but is not finished. Do you have fish in there?

yes. 3 ghost cats
3 mollies
1 ADF
1 gourami
1 snail

i had no idea about cycling till i found this site... what to do now??

number arent really bad and nitrates dont need to be below 1 imo 5 is perfect but even 20 is ok but ammonina is a little high just do a pwc around 25% and retest

Idk I've always gone by those numbers, you'll be fine just keep testing, and if they get high, do your pwc

o no problems at all just get your ammonia down some people keep their numbers as low as possible but NitrAtes are fine under 20 and as for you ph there is no desired number despite what your told a steady ph is always better then the "perfect" number and dont bother with tank buddies or any treatments to lower ph cause if you ever miss a dose the fluctuation could do serious harm to your fish hope this helps

All right, well, there's probably no need to worry about your pH. For your ammonia, though, I'd do a 50% pwc.

ok.. did..thanks! is my tank still cycling...??? pet store ppl told me i was in the clear..but with my #s few ppl on hear seem to think im still cycling..i hope not!!!

You're not quite cycled, there's some definite green in that ammonia test tube. =] Don't worry, you'll probably finish really soon.

A fully cycled tank shouldn't have ammonia or nitrites. But you do have nitrates so everything is there you might be over feeding or something could be raising the Amonia if the tank is cycled. But pet store people don't know to much IMO. Well they don't sAy the improtant things

Two months with fish in it? It's cycled then, something might be rotting or you over fed a little bit and the extra food is raising ammo. as it gets broken down. Jmo

Two months with fish in it? It's cycled then,

That is not necessarily true. Fish-in cycles can take a long time.
It could be, but ammonia shouldn't be that high, regardless. (looks almost 1 ppm to me)

My fish-in cycle didn't even take a month and yes i have the day i set up and everything. It took around 28-29days for my cycle and thats in a 29g. I believe they should take the same amount of time it's not like the water isn't getting Ammo. added to it. Why would it take longer and overfeeding, something dead, a piece of dw rotting. Many things can raise your ammonia. Even a recently added fish can raise it as well.

Back
Top Bottom