AMAZON FROGBIT! (IneedHelp.)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

busterrox

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I just got frogbit and it appears something is eating it? I have no snails. All I have are three 4 neon tetras and 2 upside down catfish. I think it may be the light I'm not sure. Or when I feed the neon I think they may be nipping at them? Any ideas, I'm desperate. The tender leaves seem to be the ones getting eaten. The new sprouts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395020974.078143.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395021001.337642.jpg
Some have eroded sides, others have holes through the center, storm have some of there air saves starting to decay! Please I need your help!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395021106.401403.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395021156.553962.jpg

Note: I recently got these through the mail, it is possible they were damaged and know the damaged parts are failing I'm not sure? ( but it did occur on new growth.)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395021055.552294.jpg
Temporary light solution I heard light can be to close?

Thanks for your time,

Some the air sacs under the leaves look to of decayed

I'm not a professional but it could be melting due to new water quality and poor lighting

What would u recommend for lighting and how many water changes a week do u recommend

It really depends on the plants fish load and nutrient level. Describe you aquarium to me

Ok never mind I saw your picture. I have to a aqueon t5. But judging on your tank and the fish, plant u should only have to get one but if you plan on getting more plants get two. As the water change it varies on the plants fish and water quality but u should do a 25% water change a week and should also look into some fertilizers like seachem flourish but does half of what it tells you to since you do not have a lot of plants. If dosing the normal amount you can get a bad case of Algae with the combination of extra nutrients as well as hight lighting

Yes, it's normal for plants to do that when they get introduced to new water with different chemistry they "MELT" it should grow back if u dose with ferts

Back
Top Bottom